We have reached 90% fully vaccination of those over 16. Therefore, the NSW Government has announced a further easing of the Covid-19 safety restrictions, starting from Monday, 8th November. Please note that the Public Health Order is mainly framed in terms of what is allowed for fully vaccinated people. You can find the latest updates here: www.nsw.gov.au. The Archdiocese of Sydney has granted permission to all parishes to open churches for public Masses, liturgical celebrations, and other church activities. However, as we are following NSW health guidelines, we need to ensure that we meet the requirements that remain for us. Here are the latest updates from our Parish:
- St Fiacre’s and St Francis’ churches are open for public Masses, liturgical celebrations, and other church activities. You are most welcome to visit and pray here.
- Online booking is not required – first in, first served. However, attendees must check-in at the church entrance using the Service NSW app or a written record, regardless of vaccination status.
- Use your face mask. It is mandatory for indoor gatherings, except when you are reading or presiding. Also, hand sanitisers are available at church entrances.
- Under the 2sqm restriction, the maximum capacity at St Fiacre’s church is 200 people, and at St Francis’ chapel is 40 people. When we have reached the maximum limits inside the church, we will provide chairs outside for the overflow congregation.
- Our Parish permits two baptisms per celebration. Therefore, the number of guests allowed to join is max. 80 people per family. Please contact the Parish Office if you need more information.
- At indoor gatherings, please maintain your physical distancing from others: one person per 2 square metres (exception of people from the same household). If the church is too crowded, then please use the choir loft/balcony or find a safe place outside.
- Vaccinated members of the congregation are permitted to sing, but masks must still be worn. Singing indoors for people who are fully vaccinated is allowed, but masks must be worn.
- Please do not leave bulletin, tissue, or any rubbish in the church. Take all your belongings and clean your pew.
- For funerals or weddings, please provide at least 2 ushers/wardens. Their task is to spray the pews with Glen 20 Disinfectant as soon as the ceremony is over. The church will provide the spray.