Abuse is crime. The appropriate people to deal with a crime are the police. If you – or anyone you know – have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, you can contact the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office at (02) 9390 5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest who will provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police.
Working With Children Check Update
The Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office, in conjunction with the Parish Support and Development Team, has identified the following require a WWCC:
- Parish Priest, Assistant Priests, Parish Administrators
- Parish Secretaries
- Youth Ministers, Workers or Leaders
- Sacramental Coordinators
- Sacramental Group Leaders
- Catechists in State Schools
- Acolytes and Senior Altar Servers
- Ministers of the Altar
- Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
- Ministers of the Word (Readers)
- Parish Counters/CollectorsMinisters to the Homebound